Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Shhh, do you hear that? That would be a 'Ding Dong' -- you hear it now, right?

Yes well, that's me.

So I've been upset that my new camera suddenly stopped working. I went out and bought the $25 fancy, expensive batteries -- nothing. I read the stupid useless manual from cover to cover -- nothing. I even searched online for at least an hour trying to find out if anyone else had this weird problem. Mostly, I just kept grimacing and pushing the ON button over and over and over again in helpless frustration. This has been going on for weeks now. Until tonight.

Tonight, when I casually picked up my camera while I was waiting for a web page to load, and pressed the POWER button. And it came on. Good as new. I sat there in shock and wonder until I figured it out. And I need to share it, my friends. I have outdone myself this time. The reason it hasn't been working, but tonight it did? Well that would be because tonight I actually pressed the POWER button, as opposed to the larger button right next to it, the TAKE A PICTURE button. Mistaken, for the past several weeks, for the ON button.
.....
.....
.....
I want to give you ample time to absorb this new information. Take the time to re-evaluate your relationship with me and if you think it's going anywhere. I mean you too, mom.
.....
.....
So. Amazingly, the camera would not take pictures with the power off. And how I forgot, FOR WEEKS, which button was which, I do not know. However it has inspired me to go to bed right now. Right this minute. Right. Now.

Tomorrow I should receive by mail the receipt my mom dug up from before Christmas. Thank the Good Lord I didn't actually try to return the camera -- that would have made me *seem* like a big idiot. No, I only just did that myself, by sharing it on the Internet.

and that is all I have to say. and isn't that enough?

No comments: