- I am still benefiting from the aftereffects of a week-long vacation with some of my favorite people. Work has been stressful and busy since I've returned, but thanks to the time away I seem to be handling it with better perspective and not freaking out. This is a good thing.
- Shutterfly. Seriously. I needed to post my photos somewhere where I could get prints, and I chose Shutterfly for various reasons. It's been awesome - - I even ordered notecards with Jess on them -- if only I could think of a reason to send them out!! I have cute notecards, y'all! Be on the lookout, at some point or another you might be the recipient of a smiling cat in your mailbox... You can also order magnets, coffee mugs, everything. It's a great place for making a gift for that hard-to-buy-for-person on your list.
- Weight Watchers. I've been doing this for a few months now with success. It's slow going, but it's supposed to be; they say the slower, more naturally it comes off the longer it stays off. We'll see, since I'm in it for the long haul. I have hesitated to post about this because I hate hate hate making such an announcement and then falling off the horse and having to admit that to everyone... but I figure maybe this will actually make me more accountable. I've lost almost 20 pounds, which feels good, but I am keenly aware that I have a long way to go. But it sure helps the motivation to wake up in the morning and fit into pants you've had stored away for a couple of years...!!! Anyway - hooray for a plan that works!
- Visitors! Babs will be here this Thursday, and then Steph is coming to see me just a couple weeks after that. I'm so excited to see my pals! This will also make August fly by fast, getting us closer to the fall/winter--my favorite seasons :)
- Visiting! I am going to Texas for a week in October, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will most certainly still be hotter than hell, even in October, but oh well...I can fly home to snow, perhaps ;)
Ciao for now.