Monday, March 21, 2005

A new week, a new life

Quote of the day so far: "Is the belly-band booger-glued?", asked an AE of a printer on the phone. Yes, it makes perfect sense in the publishing community, but it still caught me off guard to hear the actual words...

So. I know Nicole is probably checking this maniacally to see what I say about the Latest Development :) Wait no longer, sistah!

I've been wanting to shake things up a bit, right? Well I've outdone myself on this one! My sister and her family (5 total) are going to live with me for the next five months or so until their new house is built in San Antonio. They sold their current house already and need a place to stay, and it just made sense. And maybe i'm loopy from all the Cadbury eggs i've consumed this weekend, but I'm thinking it will be fun! So far, no stress! It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to REALLY bond with my nephews -- in fact, Cooper will learn to walk in my house, and that's way cool! Not only that, but my BIL is going to do some house projects for me, so I'm thinking by the time they move out I could feasibly put my house on the market right away -- assuming I still want to move by then. They may drive away, and I'll think "This house is HUGE-- WHAT was I THINKING??" And if so, so be it.

I'm not saying I think it's going to be all wine and roses -- I mean, three boys under the age of 5 will be living in my house along with three cats and three adults -- but I think we're all honest and sensitive enough that we'll be able to talk through any troubles. We've already agreed that Auntie Lisa will need some Alone Time and may lock herself in her room during those times :)

So. There's that! More updates and thoughts on this as it develops, of course.

The rest of my weekend I spent running errands and semi-working on my house. There are some things I need to do before the D's descend, and this is GREAT motivation to finally get off my butt and do them! I am trying to de-crappify my house, so we'll see how it goes.

In other news, it's official: Jess has reached that cat age where he's geriatric and drools anytime he relaxes. And he's a pretty laid-back cat. On my face, In my hair. In my ear. He is also aware that I'm not keen on this new behavior. Because I scream and flail around, scrubbing at my face with my sheets whenever it happens. But hey, it sucks to get old, we all do it -- what are you gonna do? ;)

that is all.

1 comment:

Crazy MomCat said...

WOW! That IS big news! I think you will love spending that much time with your nephews though and your sister too! Plus, Nicole will love where you are because the park is such a close walk from your house! And, I know (if my sister and I got along like you two do), that I would LOVE having a hand with the kids and sisterly advice there when I needed it. Hope you have a blast with it!