Friday, March 11, 2005

Love in the afternoon

(I'm hearing that to a tune -- wasn't it a soap opera jingle from the 70s? mom? ;)

I love my job today. It is almost 3:30 on a Friday; there is a pitcher of margaritas, with a little thingie of salt next to it, in the kitchen; the french doors in the kitchen are thrown open to allow in the wind; and people are on the deck with their laptops, "working" these last two hours. Did I mention our view looks out into the hill country? Hills and million-dollar homes, nothing like inspiration to make you work harder. Even better, I just finished my *hot* jobs for the day, so I can kinda coast, margarite in hand, until it's time to leave and go to HAPPY HOUR! (yes, it just keeps getting better, doesn't it?)

It's times like these when I'm really glad I live in Austin. Now, ask me again in August, under the same general circumstances? Not so much... I think the 70-degree weather is contributing to my light heart; I think in 100-degree weather my light heart would just melt, shrivel, and turn into a brown, smoking mass out thar on that purty deck. But not today. Noooooo, not today.................

That is all.

No comments: