Thursday, March 24, 2005

80s hair

I got out of the shower this morning and realized, much to my dismay, that I'm completely out of my magic Aveda "finishing solution" -- a situation that sets two lifetime precedents for me. One, I have never, N-E-V-E-R, finished a hair product other than a can of hairspray. I get bored or it just doesn't work. So it is notable that I went through this whole container. It took me 2 years, but I did it!! The second precedent is that I'm going to RE-purchase said hair product. Yes, the SAME ONE. This has also never happened, except for the Aussie Scrunch Spray phase that defined my (and probably your) hair in the early 90s.... you know the one. Don't lie.

Anyway, I was totally not expecting this since it's never happened, and there I was, stuck, knowing my hair would look even worse than usual if I didn't put some kind of taming product in it. Well fortunately I inherited some of the O. Pack-Rat Genes, so rather than chucking all these rejected hair products, I have quite a selection of castoffs under my bathroom sink. Precisely for emergencies like today.

So I rummaged around and pulled out a can of Vavoom! mousse. Did I just say "mousse"? Do they even make mousse anymore? How old is this stuff?? What is mousse, anyway?? But I had no time to explore these ponderous questions, because as usual I was up against the clock. I quickly applied said mousse, did a quick hair-dry on High, and ran out the door. Ok, I got dressed and stuff, duh. Well, it wasn't until a few minutes ago, when I visited the ladies room, that I finally stopped and really looked at my hair. And. And. And I look like a cross between Pat Benetar and Debbie Gibson. Seriously. All I need is a lace bow. Now I remember just how old this mousse is, and what it was for. Holy moly. "Big hair" doesn't even begin to describe it.

I should be receiving my Aveda product re-order within 3-4 days through the mail. I wonder if I can go that long without washing my hair again...hmmmm.....

I feel like I should stop on the way home and get some chick at Super Cuts to give me some tall bangs to go with the floof.

One. More. Hour.

1 comment:

Crazy MomCat said...

But, then you'd need to start wearing blue eyeliner and eye shadow too, for the full effect!

And, hey! I LIKED Debbie Gibson. (I admit, I even did the weird bangs like hers for awhile there. I was SO more into her than Tiffany.) HA!