Friday, June 10, 2005

It's Friday? Already? Really?

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday. That sort of explains how my week has been, without me having to explain. The funny thing is, I've had lots of bloggable thoughts this week, but i've simply been too tired to write about them. But lucky for you, I've been keeping a list!! Aha! So eventually, there will be all sorts of good stuff on here.

This has been a big week for lots of people I know, and maybe I'm picking up their stress or excitement, I dunno. All I do know is I've been dragging myself home from work later than usual, vegging out as long as possible, then tumbling into bed. Only to toss and turn for much longer than I should. Because people, I usually have NO problem sleeping. Never have. In fact, at any given moment I could crawl right under my desk and take a good nap. I have even recently fantasized about going out to my car, climbing in the back, cracking a window, and sleeping through my lunch break. Yeah. But I've never actually DONE it, ok???

So, big things that have happened to people close to me this week:
- My BIL landed a dream job, so he and my sis and my nephews are moving to Denver, CO this summer. FABULOUS opportunity for them, sad for selfish me...but I'll get over it the first Christmas I spend in the snow :)
- A good friend of mine got laid off and that just plain SUCKS.
- CJ is "officially" in New Mexico -- at least as far as I know. Even though I haven't spoken to him since our quarrel a couple weeks ago, I can sort of sense an absence in the air. Like, the crackle of energy surrounding him is just...absent.
- I landed another freelance contract job, Hallelujah! The downside? There is a stressful, quick turnaround time. The upside: my cruise will be paid for. Yay!
- Five years ago today, my first beloved nephew was born, forever changing my life and our entire family dynamic. And yeah, my sister's life too ;)

::

So the random topic of the day is OCD behavior. Obsessive-compulsive disorder for those of you who claim to not know -- but don't LIE because we ALL have a little bit of that going on. Or a lot. Here is a short list of things I am OCD about:

1. Washing my hands.
2. Putting lotion on my feet before bed. Just my feet.
3. Checking my email. (seriously -- if I get up to pee during the night, sometimes i go sneak a peek, just in case...)
4. Washing my face twice a day, every day.
5. Filling my kitty's water dish

Now that i'm trying, of course I can't think of too many. But I'd like to hear what other people are weird about, k?

No comments: