Thursday, May 26, 2005

Why isn't this Friday???

So all my bosses are out of the office today. It is dead quiet down here in the creative department. Yet can we play? nooooooooooo. Can we frolic? noooooooooooo. Why not? Because WE'RE ALL SLAMMED!! But enough about work. Except to say I have no time and no business pausing to write this, but I have thoughts so I must record them.

I read Chiara's blog [http://claro.diary-x.com/] today and it made me ache. It reminds me soooo much of my Rocco story, which I have yet to tell. My close friends know the story, but I've never written it down, even just for me. So that's what I'm going to do this weekend, including the latest development I've been trying to blog about but the wound has just been too fresh. I'm going to do it anyway. I'm going to poke the bruise.

In other boy news, my "relationship" with CJ ended rather abruptly this week, but that shouldn't really surprise me. Our whole history could be described as "abrupt", truth be told. Not to go into the details, because I just don't feel like it right now, but he accepted a job in New Mexico and he's moving next week. Um, yeah. I don't feel anything, surprisingly. I don't feel sad, except that he had to cause drama before he went and we were doing SO WELL in the drama department. Sigh. I feel angry at him too, for feeling compelled to have a confrontation before he leaves. I would have been fine hugging him goodbye and saying "see ya later", but I guess that was too mundane. ANYWAY, that's over. I guess more than anything, I feel relieved. So we'll see what happens with that...

On the pet front, I dragged my ass off my couch last night, in between American Idol and Law & Order, to use the restroom -- and came across a hairball immersed in bright. red. blood. on my carpet. And not just a few drops, either. It wasn't a TON, but it was in two places, like the cat had a LOT of trouble getting that hairball out. Well, I had no idea which cat it was!! I suspected Megs, because she is the furriest and the oldest. I found her in the spare room curled up on the futon, and when she saw me she jumped up and started talking to me. She seemed fine -- I stayed in there and poked around on her for a few minutes, but nothing was strange. Then I found Piper, sitting around the corner, just out of sight of Megs, eavesdropping on us. I poked around on her too, and again, she was fine. She was doing everything normally, eating, drinking, playing, etc. I am 99% sure it wasn't Jess, because he was sitting on me most of the time I was on the couch. And he was following me around, acting concerned, sniffing the girl kitties as I inspected them, as if to say "ok, ok, it's all good here." So I didn't know what to do. Even if it hadn't been late at night, it is not physically possible for me to transport more than 2 of them at a time to a vet, because they're, umm, ample. Not petite. HEAVY, ok?? After consulting with my mom, I decided to watch them very closely and see if anything else happened. Nothing did. This morning? Nothing. They were all keeping their normal routines of tormenting me while I prepared for work, nothing abnormal at all. And no more bloody hairballs.

So am I a terrible parent?? Should I have tossed them all in the car anyway and sped to a 24-hour vet? Which I have done MANY times, people, I do not neglect my kitties. My mom thought maybe whoever threw up the hairball maybe just strained so hard they bled a little -- which TOTALLY oogs me out and can't possibly be a good thing. But. The only reason I'm glad it's only Thursday, even though it feels SO MUCH like a Friday, is because I have tonight and tomorrow to watch them and take them to the vet before the weekend, if need be. So, please send good vibes to my kitties, k? I lurve theem.

Ciao for now.

p.s. I dreamed that Butchie Klein was my boyfriend last night. Hee. (see "Fame and legwarmers")

No comments: