Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Loving normalcy

I can't tell you just how glad I am that this week feels "back to normal" -- what I might have in the past considered "dull" is now a virtual paradise. While I did go to SA this weekend, I came back Sunday night and spent yesterday by myself, napping and vegging out -- things I love but haven't had much time for as of late. The highlight was when my mom called last night and said dad went home yesterday! So basically, he went from the ICU, to a reg. ward for 1 1/2 days, then home. I know I personally was scared to go home after my pulmonary emboli, but was also VERY glad to sleep in my own bed again. I just remember for weeks, every time I bent over to do the cat litter or pick something up, I expected to have a brain clot and die instantly. (I still think that, but i've learned to live with the fear and uncertainty ;)

ANYWAY, dad is home, work is back to being busy (which gives me a sense of job security, no matter how flimsy), my sister is hosting bunco tonight with the ladies, and things are feeling...very normal. I don't have anything exciting to write about -- THANK GOD! Let's keep it that way for a few days, shall we?

No comments: