Friday, February 11, 2005

The day I was born

Today I was all ready to write about how it's not SO horrible turning 35; I was going to compare/contrast how much happier I am at 35 than I was at 25; how I'm not where I thought I'd be, but that's okay. How if I was actually where I thought I would be, married to my ex-husband and with his kids, I would be miserable, if not dead by now. And all of that is true, but I'm just feeling blue today. There is some serious stuff going on with my dad's heart condition, and it seems like these things tend to happen right around my birthday. Twice before, heart conditions have turned for the worse right around my b-day -- my grandmother in 1996 and my dad in 2003....and it's not like I'm particularly superstitious, but still. AND the sun is not out again today.

BUT. I am going to lunch with work friends and going to dinner with best friends, so the day holds promise -- if I can just pull myself out of the current funk. And I'll see my nephews tomorrow, and Cole has reportedly been drawing me tons of pictures for my birthday, so that will be cool. The one i'm looking forward to the most is his interpretation of "broccoli in a tornado". I can't wait -- I think he's a genius.

So for now, I will go and put on brighter lipstick and try to laugh at lunch. Maybe i'll feel more inspired to write something more inspiring later this afternoon.

Til then...

No comments: