Monday, February 20, 2006

Netflix loves me.

Hello, my name is Lisa and I am the poster-child for Netflix profitability. Netflix is my boyfriend. Netflix wants to marry me. I'm Netflix's bitch.

Today, at long long last, I FINALLY returned two movies I've had out since August. Yes, as in 6 months ago. During which time I've paid $12/month to not watch the stupid movies. This is the inherent problem with Netflix (or any other DVD rental, for that matter) for people like me. I could never return movies on time, so I switched to Netflix. There's no "late fee", but I'd say having two movies for 6 months at a total rental cost of $72.00 -- and not ever watching either one of them -- isn't a solution.

So the smart person would cancel, right? I was all set to do that and then I realized I'm very close to buying a new fancy TV, and I KNOW when that happens I'll be more into watching movies. And I'll again crave the Netflix. sigh. They have me by the cajones, people. Who else is their bitch? 'fess up! And I want to know who the freaks are who watch 30 movies a month -- I mean, who has TIME to watch a movie every day???

Just curious.

7 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

I get those $1 movies at the grocery store now! I still would like to do Netflicks, because we're so into movies, but with 2 kids we can't watch them several nights in a row like we used to.

Anonymous said...

Netflix has made a pretty penny off of us. I add movies to my cue when I'm in a certain mood. By the time they arrive, I'm in a different mood. I just cancelled a few months ago, and they are trying to lure me back with unlimited, one-at-a-time for 9.99.

Hope (Classic, not New)

Dipu said...

I think Tom was probably a 30-a-month renter during the year-plus he was unemployed. I myself have never tried Netflix because I didn't think I'd ever sit down and watch 4 movies at home each month. That's true for me even now...

Lisabell said...

No WONDER Tom has seen every movie on the planet! If only I'd done something useful like that while I was unemployed...I got nothing to show for it...

For clarification, I now have two lovely Hopes commenting on my blog -- New Hope, of hopelyn.com, and Hope Classic, my dear friend of the past 9 years or so. Hope, meet Hope :)

Dipu said...

So when will Diet Hope, Cherry Hope, Vanilla Hope, and Hope with Lime be joining up...?

babs said...

The super-cool thing is that Netflix doesn't care if you join and cancel; then, join again and cancel again. (speaking from experience!) Seems like they'd penalize/charge you for being so wishy washy, but they're not doing it yet.

btw, I absolutely LOVE netflix for catching up on TV shows. Nothing's worse than going to blockbuster to get the next disc in a series, and it being out! Netflix is awesome for feeding a tv addiction. ;)

-babs, aka NOT hope

matthewstoryteller said...

I have to say, I'm not as bad as Lisa, but I've come close.

The only reason I continue with netflix is so that I can get all the BBC series that are impossible to find in any video store.

They've let me see all of Coupling, most of Red Dwarf, Horatio Hornblower, and I'm in the middle of the Sharpe's Rifles series. Sean Bean is the dog's bollocks.