...but then, who doesn't? I guess I'd forgotten how relaxed one can feel after getting away, fah, fah away, for 9 days. WHY have I waited more than 3 years for this??? You can bet I won't be waiting 3 years til the next trip! I know everyone is waiting with baited breath for my vacation blog, but I'm still way too depressed to be back to write anything awesome right now. Suffice it to say it rocked and I loved it and I can't wait to go again. Here are some highlights that Babs may or may not have covered in her top 10 list:
1. We are all still friends.
2. We all touched base yesterday, in fact, as we're suffering severe separation anxiety.
3. My real life needs to be revamped so I don't dread coming back so much.
4. Alaska is much more beautiful than I ever imagined.
5. I love the ocean now. (I know, I know)
6. Let me be more specific and say that I love the ocean where it is not hot. I am still not interested in sweating on beaches, no matter how clear the water. But ON the water? where it's cold? Love it.
7. I sleep a lot better with my friends than with my cats.
8. Beware the kitty scorned. Or left for a week with a petsitter. Just, beware.
9. My shower at my house is HUGE, and I never knew this before.
10. I can't think of one negative thing to say about the trip, and that, for those of you who know me, is amazing. NOT to say I'm a negative person; just that I am a worry wart. And my trip, once I got on the boat, was worry-free. NIRVANA, people.
Ok, much more later. I am working on organizing my photos, but I'll try to post a teaser now; behold a photo of one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life, Tracy Arm, Alaska:
More to come soon. Sit tight!