Monday, March 19, 2007

fallen

Today, this happened. At my apartment complex. My building in fact, and my floor. I don't know the child, and I was at work when it happened. But even if I hadn't known about this tragic accident before I got home, I would've known that something had happened due to the palpable, lingering weirdness in the air. There was a horrible accident just down the hall from me. There was a helicopter on the front lawn where people play with their dogs and build snowmen. Everything feels different, and I don't know if I'm picking up on the anguish of the family, or if my connection to my own 2-year-old nephew and a 2-year-old little boy that died years ago is triggering the hell out of me, but I'm not anticipating restful sleep tonight.

Other stuff has been going on too, but I don't feel like prattling on about concerts and boys and food tonight, so i'm going to save that for a rainy day. Possibly tomorrow. Because it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

G'night then, and please send positive thoughts to this child.

1 comment:

Crazy MomCat said...

My heart is in the pit of my stomach right now. That is just awful...I can't imagine how that father must have felt when he realized what had just happened. Ugh.

OK, update us on the boys thing...I Must KNOW!