Wednesday, December 21, 2005

nip it and tuck it away -- FOREVER

While there are many more pressing things to write about today, for the moment all I can handle is this: I am so done with Nip/Tuck. It's OVER. I got hooked on it last season and eagerly rented the DVDs for the 1st season. It was mesmerizing, edgy, sexy, beautiful. Then this year, in the third season? SUCKFEST 2005. I haven't been watching much lately since the first few episodes of this season were so painful to watch, but last night I got suckered in by the 2-hour season finale. It was the absolute WORST piece of television and writing I've seen in a very long time. AWFUL. I am embarrassed that I sat through the entire 2 hours of ridiculous-ness. BAH.

while i'm disappointed that one of my former faves now sucks, luckily there are many new faves just on the horizon. My name is Lisa and I am addicted to silly television. (...silly, but not STUPID.)

and that is all i can manage right now. more soon.

2 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

New faves? Do share!

I never got sucked into Nip/Tuck, but I have so many friends who used to love that show. They all say what you did...it bit the bullet after the first few seasons.

Desparate Housewives is sort of doing that this season too--although I still love Felicity Huffman's character. She's the only one who has stayed more realistic and not become a cartoon character.

babs said...

OMG... I wondered if anyone else I knew was watching that awful piece of TV last night. I think I only saw the middle half of it, but yes, TOTAL suckage! Like we didn't know who the Carver was, even at the beginning of the season. And who gives a crap that Matt was kidnapped? blah blah blah

nip/tuck used to be a guilty pleasure... now I guess it's guilty disgust? it sure is sad when the good ones fall...