Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Meeting my own challenge

Well, no one (that I know of) has taken this week’s blog challenge, including myself. In order to lead by example, I will do it now. About a day before NEXT week’s challenge appears…

I knew everything had changed the very first time it occurred to me that I could get a divorce. The world WOULD NOT END if I left my marriage. Suddenly I could picture myself not married, and happy. And from the surge of relief and excitement I felt in my body, I instinctively knew, in that moment, that I would do it. I would free myself.

It took me months of therapy to make my move, but even in retrospect, I couldn’t have left a moment sooner than I did. It was a long, arduous process, sparked by one brief moment of clarity--a moment that changed everything.

No comments: