Monday, September 04, 2006

iTunes moment #511

It's been a while, but now that I'm working FT again, I am again listening to my trusty iPod. I just want to say, how cool is it that the moment I realize I'm singing a song in my head, just like that, I can find it on my iPod and really listen to the song? Talk about instant gratification.

Speaking of songs stuck in your head, how does that happen, anyway? sometimes it's obvious; you heard it on the radio, over an intercom at a store, a commercial; but then there are other times when you're typing away on a scintillating topic such as, oh, IT optimization, and suddenly you realize you're singing "Cleaning out my Closet" by Eminem in your head. Where the hell did that come from?? Oh well, never you mind -- i'll just look it up on my iPod and feed the craving.

Technology. Rocks. The Cubicle.



p.s. yes, this means that I am at work on labor day. shhh, i don't want to talk about it...

3 comments:

Dipu said...

Working on a holiday does suck. On the other hand, at least you're getting paid today. I'll be seeing a smaller paycheck because of today...

Alison said...

I think songs often get stuck in my head because of some word or phrase I just have heard or said that is somewhere in the song, even if the connection isn't immediately obvious. When we were working at NI, I could never fill out "pagination sheets" without the Cure song "Fascination Street" getting stuck in my head, because of the rhyme!

babs said...

You better bill every little second you worked today, chica!