Friday, September 30, 2005

Scrub-a-dub-dub

WARNING: light, girlie beauty-product post

I have mentioned before my ongoing obsession with bath and body products, particularly all things LUSH. (yes, shameless plug – deal with it ;). Well last night I was feeling a little daring, a little edgy. So I dipped into my vast bath and beauty stash and found a scrub I'd never used. It was labeled Hemp Poppy Sugar Scrub. Ok, interesting enough for me.

Let me digress for a moment and say that I [heart] body scrubs. For those of you not in the know, body scrubs, well, scrub your body. I personally use one a couple times a week, in the shower, after the body wash step. I do my limbs, mostly. It makes my arms buttery soft. And ladies it's also good to scrub your legs before shaving – it gives you a closer, smoother shave. Anyway…

So I took my long LUSH bath, soaking in my favorite bubbles and using the scrub on my legs before shaving – it was a nice scrubby scrub, and smelled very sweet, I guess from the poppy seeds. When I was done in the tub, I drained it and took a shower, for rinsing purposes, e.g. poppy seeds, mainly. As I scrubbed my arms, I wondered idly if one absorbs poppy seeds (or hemp, for that matter) through one's skin and if so, would this cause a positive on a drug test? Hmm. Scrub scrub, rinse rinse. Step out, dry off. And look down. At the pile of poppy seeds at my feet. On my towel. Coating the shower walls and curtain. Lining the bottom of the bathtub. People. I had NO IDEA how stubborn those suckers are.

I stepped right back in and rinsed some more, but I swear I'm stil finding them today. They were hiding in my armpits, as evidenced by the deoderant afterwards. And just now I glanced down and saw one sitting proudly on my, shall we say, décolleté. Nice. I'm afraid to look closer.

Anyway, all in all it was a very nice scrub, however a bit messy. It came from BathNation, and they happen to have TONS of awesome scrubs. I'll probably try something different next time. You should check them out if you're into that sort of thing.

And that is all I have to say about body scrubs. For now.

No comments: